Anyone who eats has the ability to affect Climate Change. Anyone who makes food for others is on the frontlines. As you make your own food decisions, all of these choices will make a difference. Some things to think about:
- Eating food that is locally grown and sustainably raised
- Eating less meat which can have a significant impact on deforestation
- Reducing foods with palm oil can again impact deforestation
- Being attentive to food waste
- Growing food at home
- Thinking a bit more about fish?
- Considering growing your own?
With the bombardment of media telling you what you should and shouldn’t do (a little like our own list above), it can feel daunting. Getting good at taking actions to combat global warming is a bit like deciding to go on a diet and then struggling to stick to it. We don’t expect you to do everything every day even if your intentions are terrific. We just hope you keep coming back and setting yourself yet another goal. And, you are not alone in wondering what difference you, as an individual, can actually make. But, consider bees building a honey hive or voters electing a president. In both cases, there are lots of individuals taking small actions and achieving monumental things.