Tru Earth Eco-Strips are an alternative to liquid or pod laundry detergents. They are thin foam strips made from polyvinyl alcohol that dissolves completely in water. Each laundry strip packs ultra-concentrated, hypoallergenic, eco-friendly cleaning power into a tiny, pre-measured strip of detergent that you just toss in the wash. Its low-sudsing formula works in all types of washing machines, including high-efficiency (HE).
The smart formulation effectively seeks out and dislodges dirt molecules and stains, keeping them in suspension until they are rinsed away. It makes your laundry washing chore easier, healthier, more economical, and much kinder to our planet.
The product is free of parabens, phosphate, added dyes, and chlorine bleach. They are hypoallergenic and vegan. Their cardboard packaging is plastic-free and both biodegradable and recyclable.
From the manufacturer:
We care about the future of the world we live in. This is why Tru Earth Eco-Strips laundry detergent has a dramatically smaller eco-footprint than liquid and powder detergents. Its packaging uses less plastic, and its light weight reduces transportation fuel consumption and global-warming carbon emissions by 94% compared to today’s leading-brand liquid and powder detergent.
1 billion laundry jugs are discarded in the United States annually. Once empty, only an estimated 30 percent of these high-density polyethylene (HPDE) jugs are recycled. The remaining 70 percent ends up in landfills, or clogs oceans and waterways.