The most critical appliance to consider is your stove. It is time to replace your gas stove with induction. Here’s why:
- The EPA defines hazardous air pollutants here
- Unburned gas leaking from kitchen stoves contains at least 21 hazardous air pollutants. More here.
- Stanford report finds that gas-burning stoves in kitchen leak significant amounts of planet-warming methane. More here.
- Children in homes with gas stoves have a 42% higher likelihood of experiencing asthma symptoms. More here.
- The Case for Induction Cooking from the New York Times.
- An induction stove is a better idea for the planet and for air quality. More here. Here. And, here